Jerry Seinfeld loves cars. Jerry Seinfeld loves comedy. Jerry Seinfeld loves coffee. As a lover of all three myself, I love Jerry’s web TV series, “Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee“. Especially the cars. I’ve never seen such delicious photography of classic cars. Whether you care about comedians or not, you’ll love the CCs that open each episode. Just the thing for a Sunday. So let’s go get some coffee.
Each episode has a simple format, starting with the Car. Jerry starts it up and introduces the car, explaining its historical significance and what’s special about it. Then we go for a short drive in the car, pick up the guest comedian, and they chat on their way to the coffee shop. I like how we see and hear what it’s really like in the car on the road. They go in for coffee, bat around some jokes and talk about comedy and comedians. The whole thing is casual and unscripted. Sometimes it’s great, other times it’s yada, yada, yada.
Here at the Curbside, it’s safe to say we care about the Cars First, and the comedians second. So here are all three seasons of cars, with the guests they picked up so you can find the episode:
- 1952 Volkswagen Beetle: Larry David
- 1967 Austin-Healey 3000: Ricky Gervais
- 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A: Brian Regan
- 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL: Alec Baldwin
- 1963 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia: Joel Hodgson
- 1970 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3: Bob Einstein
- 1966 Porsche 356 SC Cabriolet: Barry Marder
- 1976 Triumph TR6: Colin Quinn & Mario Joyner
- 1960 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II: Carl Reiner & Mel Brooks
- 1962 Volkswagen Kombi Pickup: Michael Richards
- 1969 Jaguar E-Type Series 2: Sarah Silverman
- 1995 Volvo 960: David Letterman
- 1950 Citroen 2CV: Gad Elmaleh
- 1958 Cadillac Eldorado: Don Rickles
- 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS: Seth Meyers
- 1969 Lamborghini Miura P400S: Chris Rock
- 1959 Fiat 600 Jolly: Louis C.K.
- 1981 DeLorean DMC-12: Patton Oswalt
- 1949 Porsche 356/2: Jay Leno
- 1966 MGB: Todd Barry
- 1967 Volvo 1800S: Tina Fey
- 1976 AMC Pacer: Jason Alexander
- 1969 Pontiac GTO: Howard Stern
We all saw Jerry with Jason Alexander at Super Bowl halftime this year, but did you see what he picked him up in? Naturally, the George Costanza of cars. See the long version at CCC.
Watch a very wealthy man do a very tight K turn in a very long Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II. Seriously, Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks are priceless in this bit.
The occasional Acura product placement is welcome on CCC. Jerry picked up Jay Leno in a 100% original handmade Porsche 356/2. They happened to park next to the new NSX.
Ricky Gervais in a proper British roadster, the Austin-Healey 3000. He’s properly terrified.
A 1958 Cadillac Eldorado, the Don Rickles of cars.
Louis C.K. gets Jolly.
Something special for Michael Richards, a 1962 split-window double-cab VW pickup bus. Interior in grey vinyl and duct tape.
What’s cooler than Chris Rock? Chris Rock in a Lamborghini Miura.
Here’s one for you, Tom: the Volvo 960 wagon that IndyCar team owner Dave Letterman got from Paul Newman. It’s not your usual suburban hauler.
Two French comedians: Gad Elmaleh and a 2CV.
Once in awhile the car doesn’t run quite so well. Patton Oswalt learns a DeLorean won’t always go 88 mph. It’s great to see these stars deal with a good old-fashioned breakdown.
Finally, what’s more Howard Stern than a screaming orange 1969 Pontiac GTO? Here come the Judge!
You’ll find these cars and a lot more at Comedians and Cars Getting Coffee. Enjoy!